There’s never been a lack of roleplaying options in the Star Wars universe, and the launch earlier this week of Age of Rebellion means that Star Wars have yet another chance to fight alongside Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in their favourite trilogy.
Age of Rebellion is set — wait for it — in the age of the Rebellion and the Galactic Civil War, and focuses around the core mechanic of “Duty” where players take part in missions for the Rebel Alliance and earn the respect and admiration of their fellow rebels. This isn’t a two-sided game, and players are always cast in the role of the Rebels, so that’s something to bear in mind if you were looking for Stormtrooper Simulator 2014.
According to Fantasy Flight Games, the Age of Rebellion core rulebook contains:
- Concise rules for character generation and advancement.
- Clear descriptions of the game’s skills and talents.
- Convenient charts of weapons, gear, devices, starships, and vehicles.
- Rules for conflict, combat, and Force-Sensitive Emergents in an Age of Rebellion campaign.
- Extensive background information on the Star Wars universe, including a history of the Rebel Alliance and its tactics, as well as pertinent information on the powerful Empire.
- A wealth of advice for GMs on creating and running an Age of Rebellion campaign.
- A complete, introductory adventure to launch players into action!
That core rulebook is priced at $59.95 in the FFG online store; check your friendly local game store for a price closer to you.
If you’re looking for more information on Age of Rebellion, FFG’s minisite has a good selection of preview material for you to browse.
No comments on this article yet. Why not add your own?
You must be logged in to leave a comment.