Pathfinder Unchained, the long-awaited expansion/revisit/overhaul/thing for Pathfinder, is finally here.
Launching today in both physical and PDF form (through the Paizo website), Pathfinder Unchained is the result of Pathfinder‘s lead designer Jason Bulmahn asking to make a book “filled with whatever crazy ideas we have floating around in our heads”.
As you’ll know from reading this website, Unchained includes major changes to some of the core classes like the Barbarian and the Monk, as well as changes to the way skills work. Here’s the official blurb:
- New versions of the barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner classes, all revised to make them more balanced and easier to play.
- New skill options for both those who want more skills to fill out their characters’ backgrounds and those seeking streamlined systems for speed and simplicity.
- Changes to how combat works, from a revised action system to an exhaustive list of combat tricks that draw upon your character’s stamina.
- Magic items that power up with you throughout your career—and ways to maintain variety while still letting players choose the “best” magic items.
- Simplified monster creation rules for making new creatures on the fly.
- Exotic material components ready to supercharge your spellcasting.
- New takes on alignment, multiclassing, iterative attacks, wounds, diseases and poisons, and item creation.
Stay tuned for our thoughts.
No comments on this article yet. Why not add your own?
You must be logged in to leave a comment.