Wow! I’m so sorry that this went unnoticed for so long. Thank you so much for the thoughtful and comprehensive feedback — it’s super appreciated :)
(One of the reasons we didn’t notice is that there’s no way of being alerted when a new post arrives on the forum, which is also something we should add/change!)
It definitely sounds like it’s related to trackers and tracker blockers. I suspect it’s probably Google AdSense causing the issue, which is problematic to fix since they’re our only source of income from the site (we’ve made a whole $12 in the last six months! Go us!) but I will definitely investigate it further with the extensions mentioned.
Thanks also for the feedback on the different versions of the mobile site! That’s something we worked hard on and I’m glad it’s coming up nicely. The logo is a bit messy isn’t it, I’ll look into that :)