These rules govern both participation in the Ten Copper forum and also the posting of comments on Ten Copper articles.
Don’t be a dick
We all know about Wheaton’s Law, but it’s the most important rule, so it goes at the top. Be considerate of the feelings and opinions of others, and treat every member of the community with respect and courtesy.
- Do not attack or belittle other people, or the opinions of others. If you disagree with someone, do so respectfully and with the understanding that opinions are not the same thing as facts.
- Do not shit on people’s fun. Do not pop into a thread where people are discussing how much they like something and offer your unwanted, unasked-for opinion about how much you hate it. Don’t be that guy.
- Try and see things from other people’s perspectives. If your post could be accurately summed up as “Stop liking things that I don’t like”, don’t post it.
- Do not look down on others for their choices in what they want to play. A casual gamer is no better or worse than a hardcore gamer.
- There are no “better” or “worse” editions of games or rules. There is just the one you want to play.
- Don’t try and be a gatekeeper. Don’t say things like “you’re not a real gamer”. Nobody has to prove themselves to you.
- Never, ever, under any circumstances, post material which is racist, sexist, homophobic, or which discriminates against, or criticises, people on the grounds of their sexuality, or their political or religious beliefs.
- In fact, if you find yourself even mentioning anybody’s race, gender, sexuality, religious beliefs, political leanings, or anything like that, you’re doing it wrong.
- Seriously. We will come down on you like a ton of bricks.
Do not post illegal content
Do not share links to scanned copies of rules or sourcebooks. Do not share links to places where you can download cracked software. Do not do any of these things, or anything like it. Doing this places Ten Copper at risk of legal attack and we will be incredibly mad at you.
On the other hand, please do feel free to share links of free, legal resources that can be downloaded! The spirit of sharing and openness helps the community grow.
Ten Copper is rated MA15+
Our posts and articles are geared towards a broad MA15+ rating. This means you may encounter swear words or discussion of mature themes when using the website or the community. Please keep your own contributions to the community within these guidelines.
Anything which is not safe for work must be labelled NSFW. Please keep in mind that other users of the community may be accessing it from their workplaces. If you deliberately or repeatedly post NSFW content without labelling it NSFW you will be punished.
It’s just games
Don’t take it too seriously. Follow the rules, but don’t get too worked up.